Wednesday, October 28, 2009

 

This Wednesday and also the Wednesday 2 weeks ago.


I slept most of yesterday evening and most of the night.
This morning I woke up, still yawning fiercely and muttering "I feel so tired".
I guess it might be part of the seasonal depression. I have now been on the tablets for a week.
Today I was issued a prescription for other tablets. I saw the doctor again about the urine infection that I didn't know I had.
The first lot of antibiotics have begun the job of clearing it.
They have also cleared another unexplained problem. For over a year I have had blue skin around the stoma. The longer a bag remained in place then the bluer was my skin. Nobody knew what it was - the stoma nurse was stumped, though on my last visit to her she said it has been heard of before.
Well, maybe we now know that it might have been caused by an infection in the urine - which I may well have had for over a year.
So I will take another course of antibiotics and then collect a sample to be tested once again.
I should make an appointment to see Julie, the stoma nurse and report things to her.
After finishing at the doctor's we went into town for Bill to collect his new glasses. He will have to go back because they are not fitted correctly.
And we did a little shopping in Asda.
This afternoon I have been wrapping books for the first time in ages - but only 4 sold. I assume bidding might be slow whilst people fear long delays in the postal service.
The strikes are costing me a bit of money because I think it is best to pay for 1st class post rather use 2nd class - which is all that has been charged to the customer.
But it feels good to be back into the EBay routine, even in a small way.
And now a few pictures of Richborough castle.
It is an isolated ruin - apart from the cooling towers that stand tall in the Thanet landscape.
And being October time we were unable to do more than walk around the outer fencing. It is not open to the public in the winter months.


But first a view of poppies in the stubble that was spied as we walked from the road to the castle.
Richborough is Roman. In AD 43 the first Roman invasion of Britain is said to have landed here. It was at that time by the sea, but is now 2 or 3 miles inland.
There was a huge triumphal arch within the castle - but apparently all that remains of it is the base.
The tall outer walls which were almost all that we could see from the fence were built 200 years later, by Romans to reinforce their defences against the Saxon invaders.











It is presumed that St Augustine landed here and rested before proceeding to Canterbury.
Tomorrow I will share with you some photographs of Deal.