Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

Have a Ham Sandwich



Let us start with a smile!
Bill found the photo on a web site of the signpost I had commented yesterday that we had failed to find near Sandwich.
The weather today has been warm.
It is unseasonally warm so they say - but long may it continue.
Bill has worked outside. He has put a new light by the back gate - the sensors on the old one failed to work and that light is important to us, particularly at this time of year.
I spent the morning creating the first part of a blog I am intending to keep about the shop.
This one will be open to all and I hope that search engines will find it and it might bring more people through our door.
I shall add to it once a week with news and more photos.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/
I feel that at the moment it is a bit thin - but time will give it more oomph.
This afternoon, whilst Bill was at the dentist, I went out into the garage to get more things ready for when we do a car boot sale. Might as well be prepared so that we can do it when the weather is good.
It could have been tomorrow - but I have a doctor's appointment.
But having worked in the garage I remembered just how careful I have to be with carrying boxes; the weight is taken on my body and the wee bag.
You can guess the outcome!

Do you remember my outrage about a negative EBay feedback?
That buyer has contacted to say that the item I sold has now arrived!
There has been a considerable hold up it is true.
But what a shame my Dutch buyer was so impatient and cross.
Ashley has sent me the relevant page to request that a feedback be retracted. I'll see if I get any success.
And now back to Sandwich - its doors and windows.
We both find doors and windows attractive and think they make the personality of the house.
We are not alone.
Whilst I was photographing a door a woman stopped and told us about an exhibition held in the town of photographs of doors.
And Dublin even has postcards of some of the lovely Georgian doorways there.



















Next time we will have a glimpse of the Roman remains of Richborough Castle.