Saturday, October 17, 2009

 

Back home

Good evening - yes, here we are back in monkland with computers to amuse us.

We had a lovely week. I was sad to let it go.
The Isle of Thanet feels different - just a tiny bit foreign somehow.
We have explored all round the coast from Whitstable to St Margaret's at Cliffe.
We could see France (dimly) from St Margarets - and our phones suddenly asked us to change to French time and pay much more to phone UK numbers!
The walk from Botany Bay south was lovely.
Yesterday fell in love with Deal - unspoilt and with some superb interesting streets.
Sandwich is lovely and full of history.
Canterbury was our only disappointment. You can only get to see the outside of the cathedral if you pay to go through the only entrance to the precinct. We didn't do it - much of the building was scaffolded anyway.
We picked apples - with the owners permission.
We walked by the river Stour.
We went to 2 car boot sales.
We went to the lovely pub next to the cottage. It was quiz night on Wednesday - very relaxed. Paper handed out to each of the tables and whoever was round the table was a team. No entrance money, no names of teams - just fun. There were 7 rounds (mixed up general knowledge questions) and whichever team won the round got the bowl of jelly beans. We won once - but had to hand the jelly beans on after the next round.
Last night we ate there - I had a superb spicy bean and pulse hotpot (my choice of topping was chunks of grilled sausage) and a jacket potato. Bill had a mixed grill.
The cottage was excellent, surrounded by stables, fields and a huge pond, well stocked with bird life and fish.
Denzil the goat was friendly - but we did make the mistake of entering the field whilst he was out - I have the bruises on my leg to remember the moment.
We shopped this morning at the market in Faversham. Could have explored - but we were off to lunch in Paddock Wood, with my Uncle Billy and cousin Alison.
We got home - tired and not yet ready to let last week's chapter of life go just yet.
We unpacked and sorted things quickly - hoovered up the cat fur and were about to settle for a snack.
But I turned the computer on first.
Bother bother!
A buyer whose item was posted on September 23rd waited almost 3 weeks to query its non arrival. He queried 4 times in the last 4 days and of course got no reply - so he has given me a negative feedback!
My first.
I have contacted him and explained everything and hopefully made him feel guilty (whoops that's not nice of me!)
And I have sent a full refund. I have asked if there is some way he can add something to his feedback - but an addition doesn't change the negative.
So now I feel even more tired and even more emotional.
I want to wallow in memories of last week - will go to bed soon to do just that.
We might hopefully get up early (I always wake up too early just now anyway) and go to Dorking car boot sale.
Bye for now,