Thursday, October 01, 2009

 

Thursday - too lifeless to think of anything more challenging!

I would say that this has been a lazy day..... but Bill will read this and object strongly.
He has not been lazy.
He has painted the back fences with Cuprinol.
Poor Bill - aching body and having to deal with my awkward requests.
I suggested that the fences should be a light colour - cream would be good. But Cuprinol for treating wood comes in a limited range of colours. He phoned me from B &Q and told me the possibilities. In the end we agreed on the green.
But do the fences look green?
No, they have been treated often with dark brown and dark is how they shall remain. The slightly newer fence has some green, but the one that has been there for 40 years looks - well, dark brown!

I have been to the dentist and my tongue will soon settle down. The repair was not a comfortable process, but I am so glad it has been done.
It is a shame that one of the remaining bottom teeth is now fragile. The bottom front teeth are very precious to me - I have very few at the side and back. I don't want a denture at the bottom. The one at the top is bad enough.
But Bill Clinton keeps me going - and he is an NHS dentist; but even so my peppermint on Monday, which broke the tooth turned out to be a costly £46.50.

I plod on with describing some things to be listed on EBay after our October holiday.

This afternoon we went to Lidl - I thought for just a little. But we started buying some things to take away to Kent.
I have to keep reminding myself of just how much we enjoyed a week's cottage holiday last October - just at the moment we both feel more like digging in and hibernating.
And this despite the fact that we are getting daily sunshine.

This evening was a great Emmerdale - all in the true soap opera fashion.
If you watch it, you will understand.
And if not - well, each to their own.

I finish with reality - but with all the makings of a soap opera story.
It showed up on a telegraph pole in a street close to Ekatarina's school.
I think you will need to enlarge the picture to read of this dispute.
This notice was one of three on the pole and by the looks of all the scraps of paper still stuck to the pole, there must have been several more.
It made me smile - but in reality there is a sadness that a dispute between neighbours is causing such grief.



I feel lifeless this evening - early to bed. Goodnight.