Monday, September 21, 2009

 

Monday - not yet a day of rest.

I am no less tired this evening.
I have already fallen quite deeply asleep on the sofa.
One day I will catch up with some badly needed rest.
You will be pleased with me when I tell you that I said I was completely unavailable to do an extra day in the shop on Wednesday. We have nothing planned - and nothing is exactly what we need.
The shop was busy today.
There were lots of sales - and guess who did most of the work?
Yes, that's right. Bill and I didn't go out anywhere, we stayed in the shop and worked.
OK - Monika had good reasons to be out for a long time I guess.
She came in this morning, slightly dramatically feeling emotional because her last child moved off to university at the weekend.
Now don't get me wrong - I am emotional about these things too. I have stood in the vacated room and wept too.
But Monika's daughter is at Royal Holloway - about half an hour's drive away. And guess who we saw today? Yes Belinda needed some help.
Monika drove to collect her. Later they will drive to her old school to collect all her A Level art work - and then back to the college.
Julie, our other companion, has all the wisdom of old age - and sometimes likes to put us all in our place because we are young and know nothing!
She potters about for about 4 hours and that is her day in the shop. She leaves at half past two.
And whilst she is there she needs trips to this shop and that shop and to see a friend.
But it has been fun to sell all kinds of things and see and help all kinds of people.
I actually like Mondays very much.
But Monday must soon end. It is time for a quick drink and then off to bed.
Good night.