Tuesday, September 22, 2009

 

Time at the hospital.

This evening I feel physically and emotionally drained.
This morning I had an appointment at the hospital to see the urology team. Outpatients usually runs quite smoothly, but today things were all behind.
We sat and waited for an hour and a half - leaving me a long time to wonder why my notes had been taken through to the top man, Mr Swinn.
It would be Mr Swinn and Catherine, the MacMillan nurse.
I tend to think that he sees only the people on their first visit or if there are particular problems.
It seems he also likes to keep tabs personally on his patients too. I hadn't seen him for quite a while.
I must tell you that Mr Swinn - is gorgeous! He is charming, polite, friendly and very good looking.
And I love it when he praises me for the way I have dealt with things. Of course he doesn't see me when I am being a resentful wimp! I put on a good show for him.
Today really was routine.
I was surprised to learn that the urine test I had done fairly recently for the GP showed signs of infection. I was not called in. so I assumed all was well. But Mr S thought it best anyway that I had not been dosed up with antibiotics.
I had to do another test today - this time to check for rogue roaming cancer cells.
Hooray, that this is being checked - but a bit of a downer to be reminded that it could show up again very easily.
I had a couple of issues to discuss - which actually Mr S couldn't answer - except to say that if there is not too much distress or problem then I shall just have to put it down to me just being the way I am and having unusual odd symptoms.
I shall return in 6 months time, with instructions to get a chest XRay before then.

We saw Bill's sister, Jane at the hospital. Poor Jane has a number of things wrong and is being seen by a number of different consultants, including Mr S. She often has appointments. I had no idea if she was due any appointments this week - or even if she was back from a week's holiday.
But as we sat waiting I joked to Bill that if we sat much longer we would see his sister..... and in she walked!

This afternoon I have allowed emotional and physical fatigue to take over. I have not managed to do as much as I had thought. I just allowed myself to play some games.
I have begun to sort out photos from our Welsh trip. Maybe we take too many.

I look forward to a pottering round day at home tomorrow. There are boxes of things we have bought to sell that need sorting. There is ironing to be done. And so on.

Right, I have a date with the TV. I am determined not to miss the programme about the choir master - Gareth Malone, lovely man and lovely name.