Thursday, October 08, 2009

 

Blood test day.

The sun was shining and the skies were blue.
That was a bonus!
This morning we pottered at home. I did the ironing, whilst listening to the morning Radio 2 pop quiz.
I made a casserole of beef and lots of vegetables with a Thai/Penang sauce. I needed to use up vegetables in the fridge and the result proved to be very effective.
The runner beans that I still have may well be taken to Kent with us.

This afternoon I went for my blood test.
As I said on facebook when I got back - there are times when it might be easier to get blood from a stone than from my arm.
Poor phlebotomist! Poor me! She prefers to do her job well and once a needle is in a vein she feels it ought to bleed into the test tube.
But I wouldn't bleed. Blood would start a little and then stop.
So, "Let's try the other arm"
Tap, tap, tap in the hope that a good vein would appear.
Needle in - nothing!
"Lets try a different needle"
The child's needle managed to penetrate into my vein enough to allow blood to flow.
Hooray!

Sometimes I don't have this problem - but can look back on many a dramatic time trying to have a blood test.

We then parked up at Asda and walked to the optician. It took just a minute to adjust my new glasses and I hope the sore feeling behind my ear and on my nose will now be OK.

We shopped in Asda - not too much, for we know we shall be doing some shopping in Kent before arriving at the cottage.

We have been looking on the internet for information and ideas for things to do in Kent.
In particular we need to think about Sunday, when heavy rain is forecast on the Met office website - for north east Kent.
We might visit the museums at Manston Airport - transport and history would suit Bill very well.
We tend not to plan very much ahead, but rather go with the flow.
As Bill says we can do nothing about the weather and maybe we shall get to know north Kent through its teas shops if it rains a lot.
But I do want to go to Botany Bay.
That might seem like a long way for a day trip - but Botany Bay is one of the 7 Broadstairs bays.
Broadstairs looks interesting. There is another museum there that looks interesting - on the transport and history theme.
And there must be sea food in Whitstable - though I think I will draw the line at oysters, however famous for oysters Whitstable is.

This evening I have dozed long and deeply - woke up to see judges eating a fabulous desert - a red grapefruit posset and my mouth yearned for it.
Instead, I will get a cup of tea!
Goodnight.