Friday, October 02, 2009

 

Friday musings and last Saturday's partying.

You'll be fed up hearing me say how tired I feel yet again - but then I am fed up with feeling it.
I feel like I don't want to do anything.
I now wonder if I should add an item to my agenda when I see the GP next week. In February, when he mentioned a mild anti depressant I felt I had the powers to keep myself going without help. This evening I begin to wonder.
Perhaps a car boot sale will help. The weather forecast is OK for a trip to Ford in the morning.
I can't grumble about the weather at all. September was just as I like it - except for the dark mornings and the curtains being drawn early in the evening as the month ended.
Strange that I hate these timings for daylight - it is just how it is in Thailand all the time. They get about 13 hours of daylight.
But then maybe I would feel bad right now over there - Jamie is fed up with the bad weather too and not feeling on top form.
Lets hope he gets some sunshine tomorrow and a happy day out with the family.
He has written about the weather on his weather blog - and of the tragedies in that part of the world.
After the Sumatran earthquakes there was a tsunami alert on Phuket - but no wave came there thank goodness.

So, what of today.
Bill has been out working. He has patched up flaking mortar on the garage wall and repainted.
I have worked too - describing things for EBay.
And then wrapping half a dozen books which sold this afternoon.
I walked to the post office with 2 that were paid for straight away.
See! I can do something beneficial for myself!

After our dinner tonight we watched the last part of The Victorian Farm on TV. The people who lived the life for a year never truly pretended that they were Victorian - but lived the life as much as it was possible. They must have found it hard to adjust to life in the 21st century when the project was over. They were lovely people.
We were struck how slow was some progress on the farm. I remember the harvest being carried out in the same way in the 1950s - except that in Victorian times the reaper/binder was pulled by 3 horses.
Combine harvesters were coming in at that time, but not on the farms that Bill and I knew. Since then, of course, tractors have become computerised.

I will just look back with you to Jo's party last Saturday. Bill took lots of photos - many of people he didn't know.
I have put just 4 on the blog to give you a flavour.
It wasn't just Jo's party - it was also a celebration of her daughter Bridget's 50th birthday.



Here is Jo - not looking her age.
But then, these days, nobody seems to look as old as our grandparents did.


Jo is still quite a mover!
That's Bridget with her.



Here I am sitting with Pat.
Pat and Jo used to run the first antiques shop that I went into, at Turners Hill.


Another view of the dance floor with some of the band.
There is a disc of photos for you Jo.