Sunday, October 04, 2009

 

Sunday activities.

Sunday sunshine and a car boot sale in a field.
I look forward to the next such Sunday, in about 6 months!

I enjoyed the car boot sale at Sayers Common and the shopping trolley was full.
But what did we buy?
I have dealt with it all and some is in the box ready for the shop tomorrow and other things will be described for the Ebay bidders.
I bought a sports trophy - just because it is interesting.
It is a large two handled pewter tankard that was awarded to somebody at Uffington School for achievements at swimming in 1886.

I also bought some clothes. I have two wonderful long floaty skirts, in a sort of "ethnic" fabric.
One is an M &S Per Una skirt - would have been expensive.
The other is brand new from Principles and has a 65 Euros label on it.
I paid £3 each.
Trouble is they just might be a bit tight. I haven't tried them yet.

There are always bargains to be found. I buy clothes most weeks. And yet, in a year I doubt that I spend £100 on clothing.

We also picked up a one or two items for Felix and Otto who we knew would be calling in during the afternoon. Two good books and 3 cars for £1.

It would have been good to go to Tilgate Park with Ruth and the boys. But I declined because I wanted to get on top of things at home.
Ruth, for new contacts, is my half sister - so the boys are our nephews. I tend to forget about the halves!
I wrote up the purchases, wrapped some books and sent off invoices.
There will be nothing selling for me on EBay now for 3 weeks.

Before the boys arrived I did a few things to childproof the house - like make sure there was no cat food down.
But I failed to take a cloth from of a small table.
Otto, just walking, lost his balance and grabbed the cloth and it and contents soon had the floor covered with debris!

Otto and I exchanged birthday gifts - both rather late.
Thank you for the perfume - I like the flowery lightness of it. And fancy me, wearing Sarah Jessica Parker perfume!
Very Sex in the City - not how this 65 year old thinks of herself at all!
One day I shall open and try out the perfume Frieda gave me for my birthday - did she really think I was a Provocative Woman!




Here are Otto, on the left and Felix on the right.
Felix is kneeling at the coffee table, so that is why Otto seems taller.

We had a roast dinner this evening. We had chicken - a fine smoked chicken breast bought at the farmer's market on Anglesey 2 weeks ago.
It was lovely - extremely tasty and worthwhile.

Now another week begins - a full week.
We will be in the shop tomorrow. On Tuesday we have an early start to take 2 cousins to another cousin's funeral near Aylesbury.
On Wednesday I pick up my new glasses and have an appointment with the GP. I am creating quite a little list of things I would like to discuss with Dr Oliver.
We must also sort out what we need for a week away and look up about some of the places we will be visiting. I have already sussed out the car boot sale scene!

I have watched X factor and will watch Antiques Roadshow with a cup of tea before bed - bet I fall asleep on the sofa.
Goodnight.
Have a good week, dear reader!