Saturday, November 07, 2009

 

Saturday hunting for Pilgrims Antiques - now over tired.

I am so, so tired this evening.
I don't think I should feel this tired really.

Some hours later:
I now realise that this dreadful tiredness was a precursor to a migraine - fortunately reasonably mild. I haven't been able to eat and I wanted the room dark. But I did have the TV on - couldn't miss X Factor could I?
Though I slept through most of the terrible twins performance - which no doubt is what it deserved!

I know we were up at 6 o'clock and away from home before 7 o'clock. I know we worked hard browsing and buying at Ford for 3 hours.
But that all felt good.
The sun was shining and everybody seemed cheerful today.
We bought lots of stock - and invested quite a lot of money for it too.
I am especially pleased with a large stone flagon with the name John Thos. Maybank, Wine and Spirit Merchant, Dorking, Surrey.
That surely will look in Pilgrims Antiques.
And I have a small table which I think will have to wait until after Christmas. The top has a patchwork of lace and embroidery under glass.
I also bought 1950s glass fish - I may have a customer already for those - or at least some of them. I must phone the lady.
I have books and other china too.
Bill has soldiers, model cars, model train layout accessories - a box station set.

When we had had enough we drove into Littlehampton. I had a parcel to post and that was the most convenient place.
Without our friends at The Balaton cafe for 3 months we opted to eat a good and cheap breakfast in Wetherspoons.
I have to say that Littlehampton Wetherspoons is one of the least special venues that this chain provides; but the £2.69 breakfast is filling and tasty.

We wandered back through the fading town centre - just a street really and I bought some trousers and a jumper in a charity shop. Do I need more clothes?

Then we drove home.

This afternoon I haven't felt up to much at all. The things I bought are still sitting on the cooker! Bill has sorted all his things out.

As usual on a Saturday afternoon I have kept an eye on football scores.
Pleased to see that Middlesbrough lost!
I felt so much for Gareth when he was sacked - and at that moment they were 2nd in the table.
Now they are 10th!
Gareth Southgate was the manager and used to be a part of Crawley Athletics Club as a boy, and in one of my teams - and his father is still very much involved.

Now to grab some food. I don't want very much at all - and Bill has no bread. We'll find something to have with a cup of tea and then enjoy Saturday night TV - maybe I will just fall asleep on the sofa again.

If the weather is OK we will go to Dorking tomorrow morning to see what else we can find.