Wednesday, November 11, 2009

 

Quiet day at the keyboard

I try to keep my blog upbeat and lively.
But some days these aims are hard to achieve.
It hasn't been a bad day at all - but there has been very little spark to excite.

Actually I woke up feeling a bit yucky - oh no, I thought..... not just an aching arm from the first swine flu jab but also a mild dose of swine flu.
I still feel a sort of malaise - but I can't perceive anything specific. It could well be caused by the jab.

This morning we were both describing things for EBay.
And this afternoon I dealt with 4 books which have sold. One was a very interesting book written and produced by the 1st Rover scout troop of Godstone in 1935. It is a superb history and appraisal of 1930's life in the village.
This book sold well - £21.
The buyer lives in Godstone.
So we have arranged to pop over and see cousin Ann tomorrow and deliver the book whilst we are there.
We could also make a quick visit to the Emporium - a small antiques centre.

I promised the very prompt payers that I would post parcels this afternoon.
Silly me - the small local post offices are shut on Wednesday afternoons.
We tried 2 others as well as our own.
In Furnace Green we walked past the fish and chip shop with the aroma of chips wafting to our noses.
Hooray! We did something silly!
We bought one portion of chips and took them home to eat with our afternoon cup of tea.

Well, I think I shall soon pack up and watch Andrew Marr's History of the 20th century. I suppose there is a chance that I shall fall asleep!