Wednesday, November 18, 2009

 

This has been Blogday.

When we went to bed last night we were without a functioning connection to the world wide web.
Hell's teeth! I felt bereft - cut off from so much that pleases me.!

We woke up late this morning - to be greeted by a phone call from Tiscali asking us to check everything because they said we now had a connection.
Hooray! They were right.

The day has been very grey - with rain threatening most of the time as the wind blew fiercely.
We didn't go anywhere.

For me it has been a blog day - mine and other peoples'.
I caught up with describing our walk at Tilgate yesterday - after this evenings's ramblings.

I then added to my Pilgrims Antiques blog. I am so glad that it now appears nearly at the top of a google search - even with just West Street Dorking.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/
Now I have to start thinking of a theme for next week.

And then I began to look at other blogs.
It takes such a little time to feel you start to get to know the authors.
I have already mentioned one I found recently
http://stmargaretsphotodiary.blogspot.com/

The author is a nature lover - birds and butterflies mostly. But blogs seem to include many snippets apart from a main theme.
Jamie's weather blog is like that - more about him and his activities than the weather really.

I have copied one of the bird watcher's photos - just because it impressed me so much.



This is a red throated diver.

This blog mentions some other blogs - lots of birdwatching ones of course.
But I opted for the miscellaneous ones.
And I discovered diamond geezer.
This man lives in East London and writes every day - more than me......can you believe that?
His topics are very varied, but I have seen that he is quite an underground train geek.
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/
This man wrote yesterday an open letter to his new next door neighbours - who are annoying him greatly. I assume he does not mean to send it to them, but it got it off his chest in an amusing manner.

From his page I found another about charity shops.
It is called Charity Shop Tourism.
The author talks of places where charity shops have been explored.
http://charityshoptourism.wordpress.com/

There are just so many blogs to discover (millions?).
And I know most people hardly have the time to browse through my blog - but do have a look at others some time.
I have some favourite Thai blogs that I look at apart from Jamie's.

I have also been communicating with the bogglers of the world again.
Today at lunchtime there was a crazy person on that chat line and also playing.
He /she was stupid and rude to other players.
Was that person there when you were there Roger?
But most people are full of support for each other.

I shall watch TV shortly - the Andrew Marr history programmes about the 20th century.

So, goodnight all.