Tuesday, November 24, 2009

 

Meeting up with family

Today we met a niece we haven't seen for some time - at first I was a little unsure who she was.
We were in Asda. Bill had left me hunting for one thing, he had gone off to get some "I Can't Believe its Not Butter".
He didn't return.
I found him in conversation with his brother, Andrew. We don't see Andrew very often these days - in fact it may well be nearly 18 months when we met up with him at a family wedding.
With him was a heavily pregnant young woman.
My first thought was "Surely not!"
Then I twigged - it was Charlotte.
We have never known Charlotte well, not after Andrew and his wife divorced and he went to work in Germany.
I did meet her as a schoolgirl when I was supply teaching.
She was as bright as a button.
She uses all her wiles and energies these days caring for children.
Her first was born when she was 15.
Since that time she has maintained a relationship - a partnership with the father of her children.
But they have chosen not to live together.
After the first daughter, Atalanta there followed 3 more daughters - Thyme, Blaize and Destiny. The baby to be born in January is also a girl, but as yet she and her partner have not decided on her name.

It was good to catch up with some family news.


We had been in town, not just for food in Asda, but to get a small gift for another that we are great aunt and uncle to - Ruben in Switzerland.
Bill's sister can take it with her on Friday when she and her husband go to meet their grandson.


I have done a Pilgrims Antiques blog that I am quite pleased with.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

But generally I have felt energyless. It is Tuesday - it often happens like that.

So I think I will now just go and relax before bedtime.