Tuesday, December 08, 2009

 

K for kitchenalia and K for potassium

It feels like potassium.
The nasty tired nauseous feeling takes me back to the dark days of potassium poisoning.
It came over me again during the middle of the afternoon - though I hardly felt fit all day.
I may be wrong of course.
I really don't think I have over indulged on high potassium foods - although I would have thought so two years ago.
I bought a large pack of delicious sweet cherry tomatoes last week and I have been eating them like sweeties.
There has been chocolate too - not much tis true, but the rich gifts that other dealers are leaving in Pilgrims for us all to enjoy may be too much for me. Well, they are after the first couple!
I am nowhere near as bad as those times which took me back to hospital. I assume I can get back into balance with care.

This morning we were visited by an engineer from Tiscali.
A few weeks ago a salesperson talked to Bill and it was agreed that we would accept their upgrade and include TV in the package.
Our line was supposed to have been checked at the time.
Our man this morning was ready for work, but he did just get the line checked.
The BT line that takes our phone calls and broadband is not good enough for any upgrade.
It is barely good enough at all.
We get just 2 mg broadband. It does what we want - but not always reliably and often slowly.
Ashley recommends we switch to Virgin cable. It is available to us.
Maybe after Christmas we will change our ISP and email address - unless it is very much more expensive.
It was disappointing.

This morning Bill took photos and scanned lots of pages of the Cecil Aldin book I have for sale on EBay. There is a bidder at the opening bid of £24.95. Another person is needing to know about almost every blob of foxing to the pages - which are in fact very few.
I think the book is in good condition but perhaps this potential buyer is looking for one in mint condition - which would be rare for a 100 year old child's book.

I have done a Pilgrim's Antiques blog today.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

But I have not yet gathered together all the pictures Bill took of our weekend away. I will do it tomorrow. And then let our friends know - for only they would be really interested to see them.

Not much else. Time for drink - lots of it to flush out the potassium.
Then bed.