Thursday, April 16, 2009

 

Positive day in Dorking

Today has felt like a good day in Dorking.
I have some pictures ready to share, but "Blog Control" seems unable to receive them this evening.
Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow then.

Bill and I had planned a way to give me a little more shelf space, which I could share with him when needed.
So Bill's first job was to secure the shelving into its place to create a little more of an L shape than it was.

At one point, Jill asked us what we would do with the little red metal shelf unit that we had bought in Ikea last November. I told her that we just have to take it home. She then pointed out a way it could be used within my area.
So we took her advice.
I am a little worried that Stephen and Judy might think I have taken too many liberties - but if they complain then I guess the red shelf is removed.

I spent the rest of the morning rearranging - once again. I am very pleased with how things look.
I now have 2 clocks in my area. One of Bill's mantel clocks is too long to fit in the limited spaces that he has, so now I have Westminster chimes on the quarter hours at my end of the shop.
People love to hear those chimes.

Sales have been quite good during the last 10 days since we were last there.
But I also spent quite a lot today.
Somebody came in with a lot of 1930s games and jigsaws. I hope he was right when he said the jigsaws were complete. But generally they were too good to pass by. I love the art work on the box lids of pre war games.

There have been interesting people in the shop today and we have enjoyed conversations and chuckles.
Jill's husband came in this afternoon and he was most entertaining.

And we were lucky with the weather. The forecast seemed to suggest that we could be driving home in heavy rain - but none fell.

Well, my body is rather weary - all that cleaning and tidying (bending and stretching) makes my legs ache.

I shall put the pictures that I was planning to put here, on Facebook in a minute.
Then it will be time for a drink and to bed.
Goodnight.