Friday, April 10, 2009

 

It should have been better

The day began early and with optimism.
It wasn't raining!
We drove over to Horsham. Years ago the Good Friday boot sale at Collyer's School was exciting, but in recent years it has attracted less stalls.
And it had already rained a little on our way there.
We bought very little - but at least we saw people that we knew and caught up with news.
It was really good to see Joy and Peter again and to see that Peter was active after a serious health issue.
I bought very few books and nothing else - except a lovely cardigan/top that had originally come from Next, so no doubt had been quite expensive.
Bill bought some model cars which need attention. And he bought a brand new Marks and Spencers dressing gown. He has been wearing the one that had been his Dad's since 1991.
By the time we left the rain was falling quite hard.

And so we have remained at home for the rest of the day.
I used the time for more EBay work. I have 9 things described to be listed tomorrow afternoon. And I got Bill to scan some more things so that I can list some more next week.

During the afternoon we listened to a CD that we bought this morning - by The Medieval Babes. We already have 1 CD by them.
This was beautiful.

I have played a bit of scrabble on facebook. At last the game against somebody called Stephanie came to an end. She must have thought she had me well beaten by placing her 7 letters on a triple word score and getting 90 points. But I got crafty and lucky and I was the winner.
I had another quick game which was enjoyable although I had almost nothing but vowels all the way through and of course was beaten.
MGoo and I are on our second game now - our games take days!

And that basically has been today. It was disappointing really.
I am not sure what tomorrow will bring - except heavy rain first thing in the morning. What a shame! There will be no trip to Ford.

Goodnight.