Friday, April 03, 2009

 

Grey Friday and Brilliant Wednesday.

I feel kind of angry!
It is now April and we have enjoyed some brilliant blue skies on some days and yet I feel exhausted and down.
It feels like the winter SAD has returned to haunt me for I am lacking in enthusiasm or even belief that its worth doing very much.
And today we have not been blessed with sunshine - such a grey day.
And tomorrow, when we are planning to push ourselves into activity, the forecast is for some light rain in the morning.
Its not fair!

Today we slept late - both us dozing until gone 8 o'clock.
So it was past half past nine before we were ready for the day.
We went shopping - we needed food supplies and so did the cats. At the moment I am trying to empty the freezer and the food cupboard; so we are not buying too much more.
But there are the everyday things - ham, salami, cabanos type sausages which make up my breakfasts with rice cakes; and bread and vegetables and milk and so on.
All these can come from Lidl at good prices.
But the cats prefer Asda cat food and as I would prefer not to throw their food away we made a trip to keep them going for a couple of weeks.

Bill has been out and cut the lawns - though lawn is not really the best word for the patches of grass mixed with weeds and moss. But it all looks short and neater.

I have described 6 books for EBay which will be listed tomorrow. I like the first edition Noel Streatfeild books - and surely these will be snapped up. They are not her delightful works of fiction....... Ballet Shoes and White Boots were amongst my childhood favourites. These books are from a series about babies born in each month of the year. I have March and May.

And now for a look back to the blue skies of Wednesday.
Today I will share the fantastic flowers at Nymans at this time of year and tomorrow there will be a few pictures of the house and statuary.

The pictures need no titles.