Tuesday, March 31, 2009

 

Cough on! Ekatarina, Ashley and the cats.

One step forward and then a step back.
Life is like a dance, particularly when you've got a bug.
Yesterday we got through the day, being reasonably active. During the evening we both realised that our bodies were slumping and coughing fits became more frequent.

Today we have felt quite low.
We did a few routine things - ironing etc. Bill repaired my bedside table lamp and then prepared a brass blow torch for for sale.
After lunch we went to the hospital for my blood test, in preparation for my appointment with the endocrinologist next week.
Little Lisa took my blood - well, she was a little girl once. Well, so was I of course - but a lot longer ago than Lisa. I hadn't seen Lisa for many years (until a recent blood test) and maybe she was last seen in the classroom from my vantage point at the front of the class.
As a supply teacher I wouldn't claim to have had very much influence over my pupils, though I was aware that I was generally liked.
Lisa has grown up into an interesting person with an interesting way at looking at life and a passion for horses. It is always good to see how the pupils from long ago turned out.

A pupil from my first ever class, when I was just 21, appears very regularly on TV and radio as a travel and holiday adviser. Simon Calder landed the plum job of travel editor for The Independent newspaper and has been just about everywhere. He is in his mid 50s now.

Later on Bill and I managed to get 4 items listed on EBay. I will do some more tomorrow.

I played Scrabble again. My opponent had lots of luck. I got rotten letters and she managed to put Quacks on a triple word score. She beat me by 12 in the end.

I am determined that I will attack life again tomorrow - it is far more satisfying that way.

And now just a few more pictures from Wales of Ekatarina and one of Ashley.
Ekatarina has changed since we spent a lot of time with her last August.
That is just how it should be.
She has embraced an interest in the weird and wonderful - vampires and goths, and she likes to make a fashion statement, wearing black.


Here she is ready for school and displaying her new book. I don't think it is one that her teacher would encourage.
Ecky doesn't have much time for the teacher she has at the moment.
I did the plaits - how I love to do that. I would have liked plaits when I was young. I had a friend whose plaits were so long she could sit on the end of them!




Now she is enjoying her leisure wear - still a little pink you see.
She has a new doll bought at a good price in Home Bargains. Everything is a good price in there!


But prices are even better at car boot sales - Ecky bought 5 more of the dolls on the Sunday morning for the price of one in Home Bargains.


Wherever Ashley goes, Isaac is bound to follow and attempt to get as close as he can.
If Ashley sits, Isaac spreads himself all over as you see.
If Ashley comes into the room and stands, then Isaac jumps onto his shoulders and wraps his body round Ashley's neck!
Ashley you are a much loved cat owner.

There is another cat, Jacob.

Silly me - I wasn't going to put this picture on of Jacob; and then I felt guilty about leaving him out.
Jacob is softer really than Isaac and will take his comfort from whoever sits down and provides a lap.