Saturday, March 28, 2009

 

Still barking.... mad or cough? And Snowdonian blue skies

I feel quite cross!
I have an hour or so without coughing and start to believe that it is all over..... and then I start barking non stop again.
I feel so tired.
I know that a time in the fresh air wouldn't hurt - might even be beneficial, but that wind feels so cold. And I am quite sure it would not be beneficial to sit out at the track for about 7 hours tomorrow.
We have pulled out of that commitment.
I have described lots more items and my March EBay box is now empty. I must fill it up again with things for April that will need to be scanned.
Because I felt reasonably OK first thing I prepared dinner for this evening and for tomorrow - a huge meat and vegetable stew or "boeuf et saucisson aux moines" as we now call such hotpots, changing the main ingredient as appropriate. We had left over sausages, so they are in there this time.
It was a relief that all I had to do about half an hour ago was to turn on the oven and put the casserole pot in along with some roasting potatoes (also peeled this morning).
I seem to have watched a lot of skating today. This morning there was a repeat of Dancing on Ice - the Final which we missed last Sunday evening. This afternoon I saw the ice dance world championships. Good to see the skills of the trained skaters after the celebrities.
And so back to Snowdonia.
Was it a dream - a fit and non coughing me walking in the mountains under glorious blue skies?
No - our photos tell the story.
You might think that today's photos are rather like yesterday's - but without the people.
But we love them.











We were on the Miner's Track and in the distance you can see the ruins of some mine buildings - also reflected in the lake.


Now we have reached the ruins of the mine.
Through the window you can just make out a helicopter which was carrying building stone to repair the Pig Track above us.


Here is the helicopter again. Bill loved sharing the experience with a powerful machine - powerful, yet able to manoeuvre delicately along the mountain side.





This is just about the spot where we had our picnic in 1978.



And there is the summit of Snowdon.
I can still hear 9 year old Jamie telling us that it didn't look very far!
Tomorrow there will be pictures of us at the top.