Monday, January 26, 2009

 

A very quiet day in Dorking.

Well, the rock bottom of the antiques trade may have been reached - certainly as far as I am concerned.
I wanted a quiet day today because I have been feeling a bit rough - and a quiet day is what I got.
There were no sales at all!
There were people in and a few promises to buy.
What is worse for me is that nothing of mine sold for a week.
Bill sold a little bit thank goodness.
Of course with the Pilgrims tradition of keeping money matters to oneself - nobody except Bill, me and Monika will know of this dire day; well, except you, Jo when you read this!
And just to let my good family and friends know - it has not been all bad for the week. I am delighted to say that Jo has sold well.
People will buy furniture - but not little bits and pieces maybe.
Jo has reminded me that people are short of money right now - not just because of global financial tales of doom and gloom, but just because it has been a long time since the last payday before Christmas and of course Christmas has to be paid for.
Lets hope business will pick up a bit soon. The January accounts show us to be £6.75 down after the rent is taken from the profits on sales.
Still, £6.75 is not a lot to pay to keep a hobby going.
And we enjoy the social contact anyway.

See, no secrecy from me about money matters.
And I am never coy about bodily functions either.
How about this - the night bag which was new last night couldn't be emptied this morning. There was a fault on the tap. It just had to be cut open.
Life!

This evening I spent my first time with the SAD lightbox by my side. I am hoping that it will help me and that maybe next winter the problems might be considerably less. Hey! I might even relish Christmas!
This year it is a bit late to start.
The days are lengthening enough to be remarked upon.

Well, it will be early to bed. I haven't coughed much today and my voice has not yet failed. I have bought some cough and congestion medicine from Boots. They had run out of "night nurses" so I bought Covonia night cough medicine. I want some good sleep and I want to feel better and have some get up and go.
One day.....soon!