Saturday, January 24, 2009

 

Saturday hunting and culture

First of all I regret the lack of blog yesterday. I tried - but there was a temporary fault in blogland.
It hadn't really been much of a day. I had had hardly any sleep during the night and felt quite shattered.
I dealt with some EBay sales.
Then slept for the afternoon and went to bed really early.

Today has been better.
It was just below freezing when we got up and went out to Ford - almost 2 months since we have been out hunting there.
It was light by the time we arrived and Bill was quickly into buying. He bought a Mamod traction engine, which seems never to have been used.
I bought some interesting china and kitchenalia and some more Dorking area postcards.
There is one item for our own collection a little pig with the Crawley crest on it. There are hairline cracks and it was only 50p.
And we bought a knitted jacket for me, a jumper for me and a shirt for Bill - all M&S items for 50p each.
Here is a little salt and pepper pot that I bought with a little dish. They are made by a company called Franz and are really delicate. They are modern - but Stephen in the shop won't realise that. They are too delicate and pretty for my own tastes - but I have found out that they are quite popular.





















After we had done enough at Ford, we drove into Littlehampton for some breakfast. We know that the Hungarian family who run the Balaton return to Hungary for a month after Christmas, so today we went to Wetherspoons which does a breakfast much more cheaply - £2.69 each.

By this time the sun was shining weakly and it was not so cold.

This afternoon we have been preparing things for sale, including looking lots of things up on the internet. I had not heard of Franz china before; and there was lots more to learn.

I have also been chatting with Jamie and swapping photos. He sent me a couple of John on the slide at the swimming pool, where they had been today.
He has also put yet more on the jjjj blog - scroll down to find the filmlet of John dancing in the shopping mall.
He has put so much on recently to share with family and friends. It is like a book now with many chapters.

I must get on now because we are out this evening. We are going to Noth Holmwood, just outside Dorking for a show in the village hall. It seems it is quite artistic and also funny, with the actors using masks. It is the first evening out for ages - except the postcard club perhaps.
So, I must get changed and cook a snack before we go.

Bye for now.