Wednesday, January 21, 2009

 

Some healthy sunlight.

I would have been watching Master Chef right now - but I didn't want to fall asleep in front of the TV for the 3rd time!
I do feel really tired this evening.
But it has been a good sort of day.
The sun shone for much of it - though it is raining again now.

I had to deal with the wrapping and invoicing of sold EBay items. Today five out of 6 things sold - some very up to date Ordnance Survey maps, a book about the RAF bases in Yorkshire in WW1 and WW2 and a book about sea angling in Scotland.
I walked up to the post office just before noon with the parcels that had been paid for straight away.
It was such a little achievement - but I held my head high, turned my eyes to the good light and felt proud that I was doing something to help myself.
For the last few weeks I have tended to mutter hesitantly about parcels to be posted until Bill has offered to go out and post them. I really didn't want to leave the safety zone of my own "nest".

Bill was out for a while this morning on some errands of his own. But he did pick up my new calcium medication. I haven't taken any yet because I want to query something with the doctor. The leaflet says that it shouldn't be taken with cholistyramine - and that is what my sachets of Questran are, which I have been taking for years now to absorb excess bile in my system. I'll phone as soon as I can to sort this one.

Whilst Bill was out I had a phone call from his sister, Pam.
Our niece Fiona and her partner Stig (real name Stuart) are expecting a baby in August.
So the family of our great nieces and nephews grows.
I gather from Pam that each of Bill's brother's (Ian) daughters are expecting right now. Ian and his family are in Scotland and it is some time since we have seen them or even been in touch.

I now have Fiona on Facebook - and contacted her brother Antony too - so the facebook family grows too.

Jamie continues to put at least 2 new little chapters on the jjjj blog each day. I love the latest pictures of Jessica in the old school museum in Phuket City.

I slept a little better last night - no half past five waking, thank goodness.
I am looking forward to another good night.
Tomorrow morning we shall be out fairly early (for us on a weekday). We are taking Bill's sister Jane to Guildford for her radiotherapy treatment. She is about half way through now.

Goodnight.