Monday, January 12, 2009

 

Something to be joyful about.

I feel like I have had enough of today.
I know I shouldn't think like that, for every day is a gift to be treasured.
But today I have felt increasingly weary and now, this evening, my throat is sore again and my head aches.
We had both had restless nights with various aspects of this chesty bug.
Still, I know that others out there have been feeling much the same.
Monika, in the shop, was feeling it too.
We can't tell really how the customers were feeling because there were so few of them!
I didn't expect there to be many out and about on such a dreary, rainy day.
The comments last week about the cold were mostly uttered (or written) with a somewhat excited tone and we all gloried in the beauties that the frost and ice created.
But today, though obviously warmer, did nothing to excite or cheer the soul.
And with sales so poor for the week - our worst in Pilgrims - it all felt a bit depressing.
Bill and I cheered ourselves up with a lunch out - nothing at all special. Next week I think I might try a slightly more superior establishment.

But there has been one bit of good news to brighten the spirits.
We have yet another to add to our tally of great nephews and nieces. We now have twenty - could be one or two more in Scotland.
Welcome to the world baby Isobel.
Isobel is the daughter of Liz and Ben - and Liz is the daughter of Bill's sister, Jane.
I am really glad that Isobel chose to be born whilst Jane and Geoff were in Warwickshire with Liz, Ben and Henry.
Jane can now go to her first radiotherapy appointment tomorrow with the image of her grand daughter safe in her memories to carry her through the difficult times.

Right, kettle on and soon to bed. Maybe its my turn for the Night Nurse - except there is none left.

Good night.