Wednesday, January 07, 2009

 

Busy day

My words won't convey very much, but today has been very full.
It was the first day with some EBay sales for almost a month.
I had put 23 items up for sale which had been listed once before. I am very pleased that 12 of them sold this time and some for reasonable amounts of money.
So I have been wrapping and invoicing and dealing with payments - the usual routine.
Half the things have now been paid for and so there will be a trip to the post office with parcels - its seems ages since I was there chatting with the 2 women who keep our local post office open.

I have been working through my list of things to do. I bought a diary with a page for each day before Christmas - only 99p.
I have for these first days of the year jotted down tasks, big and small, to be done during the day.
This includes a reminder to reply to emails and to make outstanding phone calls.
I don't achieve everything and some things get transferred to the next day.
But it seems to work to have a bit of a structure like this set out for myself.

One phone call was to the hospital to check about my CT scan. I had handed over the form last August and I needed to be sure that it hadn't got mislaid or ignored.
The first person I rang obviously was not too sure and said she would ring me back.
I'll not know if there had been a problem, but at least I have now been reassured that the scan will be in February and I should get a letter mid January.
I am glad I rang.
I am now confident that this check is in place.

And happily there has been more correspondence with Bill's cousin's son, Barry.
And Bill has been working at information and pictures and getting them onto a DVD to send tomorrow.
But I haven't had time to add anything to the web pages today.
After all I still need time for playing!
I still haven't got to the end of the Roman Empire - oh so nearly there again today and then knocked back to the beginning of the final level!
I think the Roman Empire will be with me for ever!

The weather is warmer - we have had a positive reading on the thermometer for most of the day - up to the dizzy heights of 2 degrees.

I will go to bed early - a bit disturbed last night by bad dreams. Maybe I was affected by all the news in Gaza.
In my dream I was involved in sort of hostage situation with a group of others.
I woke desperately pleading with my captors for assistance to get necessary supplies for my medical condition.
I lay awake after that feeling a bit afraid of how things could go wrong and how grateful I am too that within a normal life I have everything I need.
As for the Gaza situation, words fail me.
I try to be even handed I guess - unlike Jamie who commented on his blog (for all the world to see) that Israel has gone over the top once again and he got comments back.
At least it is only family and friends who see this blog.
Of course Israel has been provoked by terrorist activity - but somehow we are all supposed to bow down and accept that Israel can do as it pleases (including banning foreign journalists from seeking out the truth). One word of criticism towards Israel brands us all as nasty anti Semitic fascists.
Even if I could find words I would change nothing.
I will just continue to try and create a little world of truth and peace in my own environment.
And on that pompous note, I bid you a goodnight.