Thursday, January 01, 2009

 

A happy start to the new year. Long live happiness!


I put this picture on first today so that you may see that we are not really 2 grumpy old folk.
Honest - we love life and usually are happy.
We have seemed to have been grumbling about our woes and the season for too long.
Well.... the season is too long really and we have felt rotten too.
But today has been a day to celebrate all that is good about the opportunity that a new year brings.
We have spent the day with Roger and Sue and Simon and Nikki too with some of their other young friends (are you really counted as young when you are in your 30's? - Apologies to Nikki who is really young and in her 20's).
We have eaten and shared presents and talked and laughed.
I like the New Years Day celebration. It was an admirable way to start to feel ready for the challenges of the next 12 months, whatever they might be.
I hope Bill feels the same. My health is now on the mend - soon I will be back to feeling as fit as I will ever be, and that is good enough for me. Bill has not shown symptoms of his cold today, but the cough is building up again as we near bedtime. The Night Nurse is at the ready!
I took lots of pictures today and there will be some appearing tomorrow - but at nearly half past eleven it is really time for bed.
Goodnight and a happy new year. I hope it began well for you, too.