Thursday, December 18, 2008

 

Quiet day in monkland

Another quiet day in monkland!

I am wondering where the manic pre Christmas days of yore have gone. Gone with the passing of time and children becoming adults in their own world and no classrooms full of children needing to have lots of Christmas activities.
"Have they eaten all those mince pies already?" I would be saying about now.
And now I don't make mince pies at all.
I bought some on a 2 packs for price of one offer in Sainsbury's on Monday. They were puff pastry which is as I made them. But of course I haven't eaten any - and Bill has eaten too many.
I bought some gluten free mince pies for me. They are not bad at all - most of the gluten free replacement foods are very dry and tasteless and makes me just think that I would rather do without.
I have been trying to sort out a little entertaining at home and times to see other people too.
We may or may not be sharing dinner with Ruth and/or Jenny and the little ones here tomorrow. I don't think Otto will be sharing in the roast dinner! If I don't hear from Ruth then maybe this event can be left until January.
Anyway tomorrow could be busy with shopping, cooking and eating - and I have a hair appointment.
I still have some phone calls to make.
But generally I feel like hibernating and look forward to waking up in January and getting on with life again.
Time for another cup of tea - watch the 10 o'clock news and then off to bed.
Goodnight.
If you want more interesting reading and pictures then I suggest you have a look at Jamie's last few weather blogs.
http://phuket-weather.blogspot.com/