Tuesday, December 16, 2008

 

A shopping trip

We have been Christmas shopping!
Well, sort of.
We wanted a few small items for people we felt should have something and we had planned to go to Horsham anyway and so popped into a few shops there.
We wanted a large clip frame to mount a couple of things and Wilkinson's is the cheapest place for frames.
Bill found a pair of trousers in a charity shop.
We stopped for a light lunch at the Christian Bookshop cafe.
It was chilly and foggy but quite relaxed.
We then did the week's shopping (well much of it) in Lidl in Crawley.
As I have opted to return to my non wheat diet, along with non dairy and low potassium, I shall have to call in to one of the more regular supermarkets who have gluten free goodies.
After all it is a week for a few goodies.
But mostly, once I have the discipline, I find it just fine to consume lots of rice cakes with a few tasty bits.
I have dealt with my last EBay sales for the year. One lovely book published by the Central London Railway in 1911 for the coronation sold well, as I rather thought it might.
I wonder why Jose from Spain wants a brass paperweight presented by London's Lord Mayor of 1989, which depicts the Mansion House.
Well, I feel muzzy headed - not yet to the extent that I could call it a bug, which so many others have. I think I shall turn in early tonight.
Goodnight.