Wednesday, December 17, 2008

 

You Can Have it All

I have mesmerised my brain this evening by watching the Royal Variety Performance on TV.
In truth quite a lot of the acts were good enough - but there were just too many.
But I had to wait for Take That.
And how glad I was to have waited because they sang, Mark Owen sang, Shine.

Stop being so hard on yourself
It's not good for your health
I know that you can change
So clear your head and come round
You only have to open your eyes
You might just get a big surprise
And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile.
Don't you let your demons pull you down
'Cause you can have it all, you can have it all.

This song filled a gap in my soul as I struggled to get better at beginning of this year - if I felt down I would sing those last two lines of the quote to myself.
And now, I feel stronger and just a bit disgruntled when I realise I can't quite have it all.

Lovely word -"disgruntled".... is it the opposite of "gruntled"?

Anyway there was no need to be disgruntled about today's weather. The sun shone and the walk to the post office with parcels was very pleasant. Sunshine days in Winter are very special.

I have talked with people on the phone - and neighbours too.

Christmas cards have arrived - some with news from friends about their year's events.
I doubt that I will receive another one ever which tells of a good day at Windsor castle for Andrew's Investiture; the husband of a college friend received a much deserved knighthood this year.

Well, time for bed - but maybe just another bit of Roman Empire building. Oh, how I would love to finish that game before the end of the year!