Friday, December 19, 2008

 

Fighting at Wakehurst Place

I am fighting today - not fighting fit unfortunately, but fighting something; a bug maybe.
It is possible that the calcium tablets, just like the calcium drink that I had before are setting off gut problems. I shall have to see the doctor after Christmas.
Meanwhile I think I shall go back to half the prescribed dose.
I had a bad night - restless and then awake from half past three.I got up eventually, turned on the computer and had a cup of tea with a little something. Immediately the nausea was so strong I felt I might pass out - so up to bed again.
And then there were dramatic trips to the loo!
I cancelled any arrangement I may or may not have made with Ruth to entertain them to a meal. Now we can look forward to that in January.
I have felt weak all day.I had to get myself to the hairdresser's so that Rob could do my hair.This made me believe, like I do, that I can anything really
So this afternoon we took a walk at Wakehurst Place, timing it to be there when the lights came on which decorate the giant redwood tree - the largest live, growing Christmas tree in the country.
I enjoyed being there - doing something normal and pleasurable. we love to walk and talk with our cameras - coming home with about 60 pictures between us.
This evening the ability to fight whatever it is that is happening to me is fading. I feel pretty bad and will be off to bed very soon. I feel like I could keel over.
And now for some Wakehurst Place images.








I know - the rose is out of focus. But I liked the idea of the picture and the beauty of a rose in December.













This last picture was from a web site.