Saturday, December 20, 2008

 

The bug has forced me to admit defeat.

Today I have had to admit defeat and allow the bug to have its wicked way with me.
Oh my poor gut and oh my poor head!

Bill bought the Daily Mail today - for the TV schedules you understand!
There was an article about the 2 rotten bugs doing the rounds and I had to admit that of the 2 mine is the better one to have. It even suggests that after 3 days one should be on the road to recovery.
The flu that Ashley has had takes ages to go away and can leave you feeling listless and depressed for weeks.

Another interesting survey in The Mail was a taste test done by 4 chefs of Christmas food from supermarkets - turkey, smoked salmon, mince pies etc.
I am happy to report that Lidl was only narrowly pipped by M &S - and outshone the major supermarkets quite easily, especially Sainsbury.
But I haven't shopped today - far too weak and risky to be away from home.

If necessary we can get the things we want to have with us and offer to others whilst away in Bangor on Wednesday. But hopefully I will be fit before then - though days will be full; Monday in the shop and Tuesday packing and travelling.
We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
If I had a good night - and it doesn't feel that way yet - then I could shop tomorrow. Indeed I could get to the Dorking bootsale, having missed out on a day out to Ford and Littlehampton today.
But I will listen to my body.

Right now, like a large part of the population I am between the Strictly Come Dancing programmes. The first part of dancing is over and soon we will have the second part and the results.
Lisa and Brendan are the best dancing couple. I think so and so do the dance judges.
But the hot money is on Tom Chambers dancing off with the prize.
This time last year I felt the same - please don't let the soap star actor win the final instead of the best dancer.
And the other ladies in the ward felt the same.
We let up whoops of joy together when the result was announced.
I wonder what they are all doing tonight - are they thinking back to last year too? I expect so.

Time for some fluid into my body - and I think some paracetamol to control the head ache for a while.
Hope my family and friends are feeling strong tonight and are happily sorting out their Christmas plans.
Goodnight.