Monday, December 29, 2008

 

Back to being a Pilgrim

I have eaten like a pig! I have eaten too much and now feel bloated like one does after a binge.
I am sure much of the weight lost over Christmas has crept back on today.
But at least eating is normal for me and suggests that a degree of relaxation has crept back into my soul.
Even if my body does still feel fragile.

I felt sure the shop would do that for me - but it also bought a deep cold to my bones. It is pretty cold outdoors, especially out of the sun and of course the deep inside of the shop is not blessed by the sunlight.
We have 4 rather ineffective fan heaters and by the end of the day we were shivering.
Next Monday we might take in one of our own for the day.

But it has been so pleasant to be with Julie and Monika today, just chatting with each other and with customers. Sales were good enough - and a little of the amount was down to me.

I have done the December accounts and we see a small profit in the shop. There has only been one month, thus far, when we failed to make a profit and that was only 75p.
Adding my new area has added interest and not caused any trouble in finding the extra rent. In fact this month I have done rather better than Bill. I think that is normal, because during December the men who like to collect feel they ought not to be spending on themselves.

The journey home was lovely with a tiny orange sliver of crescent moon just rising above the horizon - and we began to warm up a bit in the car.

I am yawning like anything now - body still tense with the cold of the day I guess.
There will be an early night. Bill coughed and snuffled through last night. He has a bottle of Night Nurse to help him through this night.
And I am just so tired.

Christmas Day pictures are being left for another day.

Goodnight.