Sunday, January 04, 2009

 

Was this finally the last day of Christmas?

Even as we snuggled down into bed last night I knew that there would be no boot saling today.
It was just going to be too darn cold and would have not been good for Bill's chest.
It was 7 below this morning. I guess there were people out there selling and there might have been bargains to be found, but we stayed in bed.

When I am at home there is another early Sunday morning pleasure for me - Good Morning Sunday, a programme of music and thoughts and comments of a more spiritual nature, presented by Aled Jones.
Today's guests were truly inspirational - one from a Christian standpoint and the other not.
We enjoyed a cup of tea in bed and shared the music.
We finished with a skiffle version of This Little Light of Mine by The Sadies - never heard of them! But then there is a lot of good stuff that we have never heard of.

This morning I described and listed 8 more football annuals. You may recall that the first batch I put on EBay made a lot of money. These are a bit later - 1950s, 60s and 70s; I wonder where they will end up.
I have some bids on things on EBay now. I am trying to acquire more to interest the Dorking public - postcards and other items connected with the area.
The trouble is my bids cannot go high or I would never be able to sell them in the shop except by making a loss. But I might get a few bits.

This afternoon we went to see Ruth, Felix and Otto. We had with us the bags of presents that had been gathered at Roger and Sue's for them, but were not able to be given on the day because the bugs kept Ruth and co at home for Chr. Day.
Felix now has the idea that Christmas is an almost everyday affair with presents appearing frequently.
He was very much taken with a tin in a shape of a van - and later loved it even more when he realised it contained Cadbury's chocolate finger biscuits!
I tried to snap away as each present was unwrapped - and photos will be blogged tomorrow or Tuesday when I have time and energy.
The biggest parcel was left until last. Each toy had suddenly become Felix's favourite and so it was with the big parcel at the end.
It is hard in a still photo in a crowded room to catch the best of Felix's enthusiasm.... but below is a picture, Simon and Nicki, of Felix with your fire engine.
I will send you more later on.
It was a problem to catch much response as the parcel was first opened because it was in a box and firmly attached to the box in 4 places which an adult had to undo for him.
But he waited patiently and then it became his best toy.




Well, they promise us ice and maybe snow tomorrow.
We shall need very warm clothes for the shop.
I am glad that I am female because layering becomes easier than for a man.
I can wear long socks, trousers, leg warmers and a skirt over the top of all of it.
Poor Bill - he can't wear a skirt over his trousers!
I think we might negotiate a half hour or so out of the shop together and have some lunch in a warm cafe somewhere.