Friday, January 09, 2009

 

Family love on a freezing day

I am doing the blog entry early today because we shall be out this evening.
In truth it will be hard to heave ourselves out of the comfortable chairs at home to go and sit in a draughty church hall - but the speaker at tonight's meeting of the postcard club could be interesting. He will tell of the history of the port of Newhaven. So we will be there.

Today there has been some routine - ironing and the like.
Bill has been for one of his regular blood tests - looked after well by Lisa, who I used to teach over 30 years ago and who befriended me on facebook.

I have begun the task of sorting out web pages. Today I began with a small challenge - to update the page for our young Jessica with some photos. There are so many to choose from
Over the weekend I will update John and then Ekatarina.

Next week I must begin on one of the more major challenges. I don't have anything down about Bill's grandmother Louisa for a start.
Bill will continue updating the family tree.
I keep being asked questions about the offspring of our nephews and nieces - he can't remember who they are. It is the sort of thing that has nestled into my brain and I know their names on the whole.

Talking of a nephew - I hope you like the wedding picture of our nephew Barrie at the end of today's entry.

We awoke this morning to a heavy frost and Bill popped out into the front garden to take some pictures. For people new to my blog I will add that pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them and then using the back arrow to get back to the blog.
I think it will be chilly first thing in the morning, but I am determined that we rise early, dress up warm and go to Ford to see what we can find to sell.














And now for a total contrast.........
Barrie and Lynsey were married at the beginning of December whilst in New Zealand.
They opted for a wedding for just the two of them.
And this picture is the most romantic and joyful wedding picture I have seen.
We send them all our love.
For others (far away) interested in family history I will remind them that Barrie is the son of Bill's sister, Jane.