Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

Tuesday mysteries and gifts.

Energy is running out.
I feel really drained.
Today I have described and listed 7 books for EBay.
Then we went into town. Thank goodness for the bus passes!
We bought cards for celebrations people are enjoying.
I bought trousers and a top in a charity shop.
Bill bought socks in M &S. He realised that the tight band at the top of his socks was not doing him any good. And he itches a lot round his ankles.
Bill picked up the forms we need for renewing our passports.

Earlier in the morning Bill called me to see something upstairs.
I must begin this episode by explaining something from yesterday. I had just finished in the bathroom, when there was a loud crack. Bill heard it too and came in to see me gazing around to see what had fallen down. Well, nothing had moved and the noise was unexplained until this morning. Bill thought a long hair trailed round the top of the wash basin - and then realised it was a crack. Why did it suddenly do this when nothing had happened to damage it?
The wash basin has not fallen apart - yet. But it will need replacing.

So I can see we might have a new bathroom because Bill thinks we need a new bath and I would like a more efficient shower.
And we do have a lovely bathroom cabinet waiting to be put up - that we bought in Ikea ages ago.
Our friend Jim - a starter in the athletics world - will don his working hat as a plumber and come round on Thursday evening.
Ah well - money in the bank is gaining us virtually nothing at the moment.

This afternoon Stella (another from the athletics world) came round. She had some items that I might be able to sell in Pilgrims.
And she gave me a jacket. She said it had been in her house for at least 2 years and nobody has claimed it. She wore it for a while but it was a bit too big for her. She realised I was a bit bigger and it fits perfectly.
So, many thanks to whoever mislaid their jacket some time ago at Stella's.

I have also prepared thoughts, documents and photographs that will be put together as a biography of Bill's grandmother, Louisa, on my web pages.
I might have time to get that done on Thursday.
I still have not completely sorted out the art of hyperlinking - but it won't beat me!

What else? Not much. Tomorrow I shall be wrapping and invoicing again as there are things on EBay which finish.
So, time to get some rest I think.
Good night.