Sunday, October 12, 2008

 

12th Oct. Typical Sunday.

There was none of that "etheril" quality about the mist this morning. It was cold and clammy and wrapped itself around one like an icy shroud!
All the time we were out at the car boot sales we would look to the sky and wonder just when the sun would break through.
It did eventually, to produce a lovely day again.

At the last minute we decided to go to Dorking and I am glad we did because I found some interesting things,
I have 5 bottles - 4 stoneware ones for ginger beer - from Dorking brewers.
I also got a souvenir book for the 1911 coronation with lovely colour prints of London scenes. The best part is that it was produced for the Central London Railway - a long gone name, though lives on as the Central Line on the underground.
And there were more china items.
We called in at Horley on the way home. I wonder why that sale attracts so much rubbish.
There have been good finds there in the past, but normally we walk round and are not attracted to any stalls.
I bought 2 Ordnance Survey maps from about 1930 this morning.

We got home and had a cup of tea. Then I got busy.
I decided that my first task was to begin the filling of boxes for the next car boot sale that we do.
I have stuff that I have bought for Pilgrims which just turned out to be unsuitable. Some has been there for a while and other bits I knew I would never take.
When you have a small space then every inch should be used to display quality items.
So now I have 2 and a half boxes full and priced up for a car boot sale - which we won't do until next Spring.

Then I dealt with some payments that came in.

And finally I began to write up the purchases of the weekend in my stock book and get it all onto shelves in the garage - which I had tidied up earlier.

We had a roast dinner this evening and watched the Antiques Roadshow.

And soon it will be bed time for me.
I am tired.
Yes - my eye lids were heavy and sleep was close during the last few items on the Antiques Roadshow.
Ah well - as the rest of the world looks to Monday morning and wishing they could stay home and relax, we can look ahead and know we can do that.

Goodnight.