Saturday, October 04, 2008

 

4th October. Not Much.

I am doing the blog fairly early in the day.
Nothing much has happened today and very little more will happen.

I feel run down; I wish I knew how to spell the word that Ekatarina used to describe how she felt today....... "ergh" sort of does it!
I don't feel too bad - but very tired and very "ergh".

Nevertheless I got up quite early, and Bill and I went to the car boot sale at Faygate.
It was cold - there was a hint of frost on the grass this morning.
It might be the last one there for this season. There were not very many stalls.
I bought a couple of Austrian maps for selling on EBay and also 2 books, including the Ladybird book on How to Crochet.
And there is now a jar of Eastern chutney in the cupboard, made by a regular cooking lady.

Since then it has been hard to do much.
Bill was busy though - and now he feels rather "ergh".
He finished off the heater service and then needed to vacuum out all the heater vents and so he went round the house with the cleaner.
This afternoon he has been preparing a lamp for the shop and some old Post office letter weighing scales.
He has just sold a lamp in the shop and decided that the one we have had for years could also go. We picked it up from the rubbish dumped in Bill's parents' next door neighbour's garden after they emigrated to Canada. That was in the early 1970's.
The scales he bought in from a lady at the shop. He has made them look really attractive.
He could photograph them and I can share these things with you tomorrow.

I have done vegetables and dinner. We have a goulash with potatoes, carrots and cabbage. I am sure there will be left overs. I don't have the energy to eat very much.
We will settle down in the warm and watch Saturday night TV.

The weather turned to rain here at about midday. It is going to get worse over the next 24 hours.
In North Wales Ecky says it has been raining very much and they even had "major hail storms".

I will finish with a few pictures for the family to enjoy of young Felix in Jenny's garden yesterday afternoon.