Sunday, September 28, 2008

 

28th Sept. Sunday sales.

The day has been full.
I haven't had much spare time for sorting photos to share with you today - so our walk on Bangor Mountain can wait until tomorrow.

The first 3 hours of the day were shrouded in fog and its cold clamminess wrapped itself around us.
Shame then, really, that these were the hours we were out and about.
The sun broke through as we drove home.

We stopped first at the sale in the Dorking Station car park. I bought a few books that we hope Ed will be interested in.
"Ed" is our code word for EBay - we can't stand in front of stall holders and discuss if we think an item is worth putting on EBay; so we just wonder if Ed would like it.

Then we went on to the boot sale at Hook - a large sale which we have always thought of as good. But today it was rather disappointing. Bill bought nothing. But perhaps he was just struggling with the cold - the temperature and the cold that is lurking in his body.

I bought a few bits for the shop. I commented to one stall holder, where I bought a good cloud glass vase that it hadn't been very good and she had heard this from her husband too, who had been looking round.

It would have been fine if you wanted clothes and toys for children.

I bought some track suit bottoms and a pair of sandals.

The best buy was a badge - a blazer badge. We think the pocket of the blazer had been taken off and it had been framed .
It is a badge that a British somebody wore at some point during the Winter Olympics of 1956. Perhaps it was worn during the opening ceremony.

I really like having something so personal and individual.
The frame needs cleaning up, so Bill just scanned the badge for me.

I have written up all the weekend's purchases and they are safely stowed in the garage.

I have described and listed 6 more books on EBay and dealt with 3 things which sold today.

Today we had roast chicken and roast butternut squash - but not roast potatoes. I have been much wiser now for the last 36 hours where my eating is concerned and already I feel a lot better.
The bubbling cauldron that was my gut has subsided a lot now.
Goodnight, with thoughts of Dad who would have celebrated his birthday today.