Tuesday, September 23, 2008

 

23rd Sept. The trip to Wales is over.

Back home again.
We drove Ecky up to school again this morning.
Then went back to Ashley's to pack the car up.
We left at about half past ten.
I felt I had been more relaxed than sometimes; maybe Liz's choice to stay away for much of the time was somewhat helpful for both her and us.
But I always leave wondering if we should go and disrupt their routine with a visit. Maybe we should stay with Pete and Jean instead.
I love sharing experiences with Ekatarina and she certainly seems to be happy. The days of childhood are not long and one day she will not want a grandma around so much, so I am happy to give my attention for the few days in the year that we have.
I do think Ashley appreciates having us around - or why would he come to visit whenever he has a free week?
Sorry - just musing and rambling.
I guess I am feeling tired now.
Our journey home was interrupted by a lovely long lunch with John and Sheila, who have a farm in North Wales close to Wrexham. We met over 10 years ago alongside the lake in Slovenia and Sheila and I haven't stopped talking since - though it is hard to get a word in edge ways with Sheila!
Lovely people.
We got home about half past eight. We have unpacked the car and put everything away - much easier to get that done this evening, for it has to be done some time anyway.
We have a kitchen fitter coming in the morning to do a measure up. Though no work will actually be started till the middle of November.