Wednesday, September 17, 2008

 

17th Sept. Doctor, baby, running.

Happily I have had some energy today and felt reasonably on top of things.
It has been busy.

First we attended the doctor's surgery. We both saw Dr Oliver, who has been through a really bad health time of his own. We compared notes and he and I were both grateful for superb care which has saved our lives - and of course it was he who started me onto the full diagnosis and solving of my problems.
My appointment was simple - just putting me on some different calcium and Vitamin D. Hopefully this brand will ease my digestive problems; and they certainly taste better - a bit like a lemon refresher, for those of you who know of these fizzy sherbety sweets.
Bill's appointment was more complicated and involved a personal examination.
The upshot of this is that he has an enlarged prostate - the old man's complaint! This afternoon he yet another blood test. It is most likely that the only treatment will be yet more tablets to take - finasteride. If the blood test shows any abnormalities there would be further tests.
I felt happy actually, that Bill had boldly gone to talk about the problem and that he was taken seriously and is being looked after.

Later we went to see Ruth and the new baby.
I don't know if he has a name yet. She and Dede were planning to register him this afternoon...... but did I detect some doubt about his name? Certainly they were still debating 2 choices.
When we arrived he had been fed and changed and for a short while had his eyes open and I enjoyed a cuddle and we had a time staring into each other's eyes. He is very beautiful.
But soon he nodded off in my arms and so we lay him down more comfortably.




This is not the best picture of me - but baby and I were sharing communication.

Baby looks a bit bewildered that I had looked away to pose for the camera.
This evening we had an easy meal. We have a cupboard full of various tins of things and I have a mission to get a lot of the stuff eaten before we need to empty things out when the new kitchen is fitted.
Andrew, the kitchen man, comes again tomorrow. I hope that he has a reasonable estimate to offer us.
We were just finishing our dinner when I gasped.
"Hey! We promised to be at the track this evening to time a 5,000 metres!"
We were not too late, but had to scurry round to get our bits ready.
It was very pleasant and we were happy to have helped at the club.
There were awards for this event presented by the father of a club lad who was killed in a car crash.
Time now to think about a cup of tea.
Goodnight.