Thursday, September 11, 2008

 

11th Sept. Welcome to the world.

Welcome to the world baby!
Ruth and Dede's second son was born in the wee small hours, early this morning.
All is well.
We have not yet heard what this child will be named - I have heard some musings, but nothing definite as yet.
Hopefully we will go and visit over the weekend.

Like many I have thought today of what happened on what the Americans call 9/11.
The events were very awful and yet sort of seemed unreal to us as we watched in our Slovenian hotel room.
We were in paradise - and yet the events in the USA did affect us of course. We were affected not just in our thoughts and emotions but because one of our plans had to be changed.
We had been going to visit a palace used by the Slovenian Prime Minister as a summer retreat.
Suddenly he decided to retreat there that day - along with the Italian Prime Minister who was visiting.

Today we have been in Dorking. We thought the heavy rain would put customers off - but thankfully the rain stopped and we saw quite a lot of people in the shop.
I rearranged my things - more in optimistic hope than any real constructive purpose. Bill is still selling much better than I am.
I think I must change my stock a little to include many more collectable interesting bits, rather than all the china and glass.
Jo has also had been there planning rearrangements - made more interesting because she sold a chest of drawers today.

I popped out to the post office with a collection of parcels and to do a bit of shopping. It feels good to be in a bustling, interesting old town.

Right, I think I might curl up in front of the TV - except Bill has beaten me to it and might have chosen something I don't want to watch.
Goodnight.