Monday, September 08, 2008

 

8th Sept. Monday - quiet or energetic; depends who you are.

Monday - a day to gather strength after the exertions of the weekend.

That's how it has seemed for me now for many a long year, and very much so today.
Except that I don't recall the weekend being all that full of activity.

I woke in the night feeling nauseous and with a headache. It might have been better not to have blamed myself for some real or imagined indiscretion and perhaps should have recognised that this was a migraine. If I had taken pain relief at that point maybe it wouldn't have lingered for much of the day.
Fortunately it wasn't the completely debilitating sort and I have plodded through a number of tasks, but nothing too energetic.
I am afraid I left the hard work to Bill.
As I wrapped parcels, he was busy withe vacuum cleaner and changing the bed etc.
Later as I dealt with the successful bidders, he was out taking advantage of a rain free day and cutting the lawns.
I have finally looked through the brochures about new kitchen fitments and feel at least that it all might be possible.
I was able to look and know what I did and did not like.
And Bill has found a really great floor covering - an alternative to sisal matting, which I have always loved.
It would take us back to the beginning of our lives when we had squares of sisal matting sown together on many of our floors.
I am not exactly sure what this new floor covering is made of, but it can be washed with a mop and bucket and hoovered too to get out any crumbs and bits - and cat hairs!
Tomorrow we will discuss it all with the lady from Charlwood Kitchens.

Well, feeling weak and run down still, I shall call a halt today and make a cup of tea and think about sleep.
Goodnight.