Thursday, September 04, 2008

 

4th September. Nothing Much

"Nothing much"...... that was the answer our parents usually got when they asked what we had done at school that day.
I suppose life can be a bit like that - lots of "nothing much", punctuated by some out of the ordinary. Though actually I do feel blessed that our lives don't have a routine and all sorts of things crop up to enliven life.
But today, I regret, I haven't taken much trouble to to make this an interesting day.
The best news of the day came with the discovery that, at last, Lidls will soon open a branch in Crawley.
So, maybe this has been the last day that we have to go there to do the shopping.
We had lots of specific items to buy today in Lidls, but you never know what you might find on a shopping trip there. I suppose it reminds me a bit of a car boot sale!
The basic foodstuffs stay much the same.
But each week they get in different non foodstuffs and very often we find something that we feel we could make use of.
Today I bought some fleecy lined wellington boots for £9.99. Of course, with my feet being what they are I was much more comfortable in the men's pair. Indeed I couldn't get my high arches into a women's pair.
I am not exactly sure when I shall wear them - and in the past I haven't stayed comfortable in welly boots for very long. But these seemed to be good. I can wear them under trousers just to keep my feet warm perhaps.
How I wish I could wear something a bit more glamorous sometimes. I like to see high heeled shoes and once upon a time I could wear something a bit more elegant. Maybe I'll try once again to see if I just might find something that I could wear for a few hours. I have taken to wearing more skirts and dresses through the summer, which is fine when you don't need socks - because sandals (even my wide sensible ones) look OK.
Right then - tomorrow will be another day.
I shall soon make a cuppa and maybe find some interesting documentary type programme on TV.
Goodnight.