Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 
Life has returned to normal (whatever normal is) in the Monk House.
And I have got on with quite a bit today.
My first port of call was the doctor's for my Vitamin B12 injection. Bill came with me because I chose to walk, knowing that I (indeed both of us) badly need some exercise.
I got back for a chat with Jamie, who gave me an idea for an alteration for my version of When I'm 64 - the stoma just had to be in there somewhere!
Then I got busy wrapping - I have things finishing on EBay 3 days running this week, which had not been my intention but I didn't notice an error in the original listings and then found it was too late to change things.
Today there was just one map sold - for a good price I thought.
I now have everything with bids wrapped in readiness for their final sale.
This afternoon I attacked the wardrobe. We are lucky to have a large (ish) built in cupboard for a wardrobe - but it is big enough to dump all manner of things.
Today I have been ruthless - out with the old unworn and unwanted items into black plastic dustbin liners. I have filled 4 bags. These are now in the car and will be off to a charity shop tomorrow.
And the wardrobe is just great. I took out a small shelf unit which I had used for all those shoes I never wear, so now I can walk in and see and reach the things I have that I do feel pleased to own and wear.
I felt a bit bad about getting rid of 2 pairs of proper shoes - but they haven't been worn for years. I have tried them and by the time I get to the door to leave the house my feet are hurting so much that I have had to resort yet again to sandals. These were quite expensive wide fitting shoes - but they are no use to me as ornaments and certainly of no use as shoes.
I have cooked a roast dinner - which we haven't had for some time. And now I have some meat left over to do something with tomorrow.
I also took some photos of the back garden, which - even without the benefit of sunshine - has been looking very pleasing.
It is a very small "patio" garden, but full of colour and interest.



This is the view as we come through the gate.
Do you see the old pressure cooker used for a plant?


Neither of us remember planting poppy seeds.

We have a few cheap stone statues, which our friend Mogs was rejecting many years ago.


And the grass hair man which Ekatarina made at Godstone Farm almost a month ago badly needs a hair cut. I'll do it in the morning.