Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

27th August Wednesday business and pleasure.

I must be brief I guess, for the evening has slipped away.
This morning I was busy with sorting out another 13 sales on EBay - always gratifying when things that were listed for the second time actually sell. Mostly I am just pleased that these things are off on their way, despite paltry profits. But some relists spark a mini bidding war and I am pleased with the results.
I also received a couple of Ebay buys today - a little cup and sauce with A Present from Crawley on the cup and 2 Crawley postcards.
And the postman also bought me 4 more birthday cards - maybe we ought to update the me and my cards birthday photo.
There was a long phone call this morning from Bill's cousin Ann - the one who lives in France, not Godstone Ann.
Then I did a fairly rapid walk up to the post office with parcels.
This afternoon I made a red curry with vegetables (all safely boiled first!).
Then thought I might have a rice cake with a cup of tea - whoops! There were no rice cakes in the cupboard.
So a trip to Asda was needed, where we bought more than rice cakes of course.
I bought 4 packs of Lucozade sport - the raspberry ones. They were £2.89 a pack or 2 for for £4. And this drink (known by us as "red" drink) is one of my treats, so the bargain could not be resisted. in fact I might go and buy more packs.
I have continued dealing with payments during the day.
And have persevered with Cradle of Persia. I am on level 90 - only 10 more to go; except that I am bound to slip back loads of times before I master it. I wonder where I will slip back to.
This evening I have watched Who Do You Think You Are. I knew nothing about Jerry Springer, except that he is American and did have (may still have) a lurid and controversial chat show. His father and mother were German/Polish and had fled Germany in the nick of time. The programme took us back to Nazi death camps and ghettos and back further to persecution in the 1880s.
It always surprises me to hear about persecution of individuals for how do people know if others are Jews? OK - if they are rabbis it might be obvious, but I could never tell you that a person is a Jew just by looking at them.
Perhaps I have never been brought up to notice differences that much.
Anyway, the programme was interesting.
At the end Jerry Springer met a descendant of his Great Aunt and he commented that whatever happened in the past, the line of a family continues from the links of the previous generations. We should relish that fact.
Right - must get some sleep.
Tomorrow we are in Dorking for the day.
Goodnight.