Sunday, September 14, 2008

 

14th September. Shoes - and boots.

It has been Sunday and it hasn't rained.
So of course we have been out hunting.
The ground was still very sticky after all that rain on Friday so I wore my wellington boots that I had bought in Lidls.
This morning at Pease Pottage I found a good supply of interesting books to sell.
I shall be particularly pleased to see what interest there is in 10 well produced year booklets for Mitcham Cricket Club from 1962 to 1972. They only cost me 10p for the lot.
Later we went to Edenbridge, which we much prefer - though today found a lot less there for selling.
But I had other things in mind - shoes.
I have bought for next to nothing 2 pairs of shoes. I think they might serve me very well.
I was looking for more trousers, but instead bought a deep purple blouse and long skirt which were brand new for £3.
Bill bought a blue check shirt and 2 M&S polo shirts (T shirts with collars).
We also came home with free range eggs, runner beans from the seller's allotment and some ridge cucumbers.
When I got back I finally undid a parcel that had arrived for me yesterday - another pair of shoes. These are red Nike trainers that I bought from an eBay seller.
It was a risk for me buying shoes without trying them on, but these are a complete success.
Bill dozed over the latest Grand Prix race.
I contacted the buyer of the 2 Carn Pottery vases that sold today.
Then I listed a whole bundle of things that had failed to sell during August. Better luck next time books!
It is now evening - I fell asleep as usual over The Antiques Roadshow.
Bill is about to check out the model locomotive that he bought this morning. Its a Southern 040 T. He has a length of track that he can put out along the length of the kitchen work tops....... ah here comes the engine along the rails. It works.
I am really tired.
I want to watch the first part of Tess of the D'Urbevilles - but feel sure I would nod off to sleep again, so I'll give it a miss. I was great Thomas Hardy fan in my youth and Tess is one of the best.
That will do for now - I'll get my nightdress on and have a cup of tea and then snuggle down for the night.
Goodnight.