Monday, September 29, 2008

 

29th Sept. Orme Road and Brighton Road news.

Orme Road......home to Ashley, Liz and Ekatarina.
It is also home for many students these days. When the houses were first built they were for the workers in the slate mines.
I have just been exploring the interweb and found tales of a fisherman ghost in Orme Road! I wonder if he still is in residence.
There is a Welsh name of course - but I forget it.

The Welsh Monkland home is at the lower end of the road, just a short distance from the shore of the Menai Strait, with Anglesey beyond.




This picture was taken from a great distance - the top of Bangor Mountain (more pictures from there tomorrow). Their house is under the 4th chimney from the right and facing us.


The post box at the top end of the road. There used to be a post office there too. But that has closed. Ashley then had to walk to the central post office - but that has closed too. The main post office is actually now situated in W H Smiths!
But there is a small branch in Upper Bangor fairly close to Ecky's school.

Now for some pictures within the Orme Road house.


On Sunday afternoon we went to a North Wales marvel - Home Bargains. This is a shop with things about half the price of anywhere round here.
Ekatarina saw the pink canopy and at £3.99 it was such a bargain that it was bought for her.


Here is Ekatarina in her school clothes.



And I quickly snatched a picture of Liz with her new hair colour. She had spent much of the weekend with a friend working on the deep blues and greens.
That was a week ago.
Today in Crawley we have been working mostly on EBay describing.
I have calculated that tomorrow would be about the last day for listing - in order to give even the slower payers time to pay up before we go away for our week on the Isle of Wight.
I still have about a dozen more items to describe tomorrow morning.
We have been to see Bill Clinton twice today.
I woke up to see on the calendar that I had a dental appointment today - just routine.
But Bill had broken a tooth yesterday, so he came with me to arrange an appointment. He went back at the end of the afternoon and actually had 2 teeth repaired.
I see that Who Do You Think You Are is on at 9 o'clock. I guess there is a football match being televised on Wednesday instead. Anyway, I will make a cuppa and see who is on this week and see if I can stay awake for the whole programme.
Goodnight.