Monday, October 06, 2008

 

6th Oct. New curtains.

How many people start a new kitchen with the curtains?
Well, we have!
The curtains were chosen with all the other chosen factors in mind and as we now have them we thought they might as well go up.
Bill went into town this morning and bought the rail whilst I did a bit of ironing.
And then my good intentions came to a halt because Frieda came round and we made a cup of tea.
Poor dear - she wondered who this Peter fellow is that is going to be the salvation of the Labour Party.
She has never voted anything other than Labour in all her years and would feel it a betrayal of her roots to do otherwise.
She hasn't dabbled around and played the field like me.
Anyway I did my best to explain where Peter Mandelson came from - with a bit of help from Wikipedia. I needed that because she commented about how young he is - well, 55 actually.
Politics do interest me - but the global financial crisis shows just how little power the politicians have.
Except that David Cameron and the Tories would have us believe that it is all Gordon Brown's fault. This seems to suggest that they see him as exceedingly powerful.
Crumbs - I even tried to explain the financial crisis!

This afternoon I described 8 post cards for EBay. They will be listed on October 26th. And I dealt with a few sales too. One of my crested bits of china reached a bid of over £18.

If you have a strong constitution then do look at Jamie's Phuket blog today, but it is definitely not for the squeamish. You could try looking through a small gap between the fingers of a hand held over the eyes!

Now - here I am sitting as I do so often with the computer in front of me and the table to my side, with George determined to get as much attention as possible. And at the window are the new curtains. The material has a sort of hessian texture.

It will be 6 weeks or so before they adorn the new kitchen.
Tomorrow we will go and order the carpet tiles.

That will be after my awkward appointment at the hospital to see the stoma nurse and before we have our flu jabs.




Good night.