Tuesday, August 05, 2008

 

5th August. Fans.

I must begin by saying that there are 2 blog entries this evening, because I don't want to get too far behind.
So, when you have finished with today's fun please continue onwards to yesterday's adventures.
Let me begin with the routine - which is what hospital appointments have become for me now.
I have carefully looked with the doctor at images of all my internal organs. I am glad that the radiographer's report was on hand to interpret them.
There is no evidence that any organs are being invaded by a continuation of the bladder cancer.
I will have another CT scan in 6 months time.
Now for a few pictures which will warm the cockles of your heart maybe!
This afternoon Ecky and I did a lot of art work.
The central part of this focussed on fans. If you haven't yet seen yesterday's blog entry (below) you won't realise yet the significance of fans.
First we created the designs for our fans. Yes - I started Ecky off on this design, but all the work is her own.
Then the paper was folded and secured at the base and then opened out as much as possible.
I also passed on a family heirloom. Some years ago my Dad went to Taiwan for a university conference that Jenny attended and he came home with paper fans as gifts. I have kept one but felt that Ecky should also have one.
We posed in the garden with our fans.
And then we created the beginnings of our fan museum.
It was a lovely afternoon for both of us.