Tuesday, July 29, 2008

 

29th July. Grandmother and Ekatarina.

For most of the day I have been me, gently ambling through life.
For the last 4 hours I have been Grandma!

We picked Ashley and Ekatarina up at Three Bridges Station at quarter to five.
Ecky first needed to check out her room of course.
She is still an Angelina Ballerina fan and the box of clothes and Angelina Mouse doll are popular, as are all the magazines; all found at car boot sale of course - the magazines and accessories would have cost somebody a total of about £75 over a couple of years.

We had some dinner together - Ecky now devours Heinz spaghetti and she had some mini sausages.
We had sausage and mash.

After dinner we went for a short walk - we needed some milk from the local Tesco Express and went the long way round to take in a children's play area.

I have read Angelina Ballerina stories from the magazines. Perhaps I can persuade her to let me read something a bit more "meaty" - after all she reads proper books for herself, including Harry Potter.

I put some plaits in her hair to keep it all more tidy in bed - playing with a little girl's hair is a delight for me; not something I ever did as a mother.







And very soon it will be my bedtime too.
Goodnight.