Thursday, July 24, 2008

 

24th July. Home, health, garden and family.

Today has been a home based day - no, we haven't been to Homebase! Not a favourite destination for me is Homebase!

It has been hot, I guess. What I noticed most was energy and a feeling of contentment which springs from sunshine and warmth.

We have been away from home a couple of times.
This morning I saw the dentist - all ready to patch me up yet again. Bill Clinton (the dentist) doesn't believe in removing teeth that can be saved for a while longer. He says that considering all my health history, my teeth are actually doing very well - the ones I have left. He means that they are not prone to decay - just crumbling and chipping.

I spent some of the rest of the morning writing up the rest of last weekend's purchases and also yesterday's.

This afternoon we went to Horley for a Lidls shopping trip. Already we are stocking up on Ashley and Ecky's needs.

We have talked with Jessica and John today - it was Jessica's 7th birthday today. She sounded very grown up as she chatted - but the thoughts of a child were there..... "Nannie, have you bought me a present?" The parcel should be arriving about now, though we have known them go missing before. I do hope this one arrives safely.
John sounds much more grown up too - it was almost bed time and we finished with a "Night night" and an "I love you Nannie" - this was unprompted and pleased me no end, because I am not much more than a memory and a face in a photograph.
Ekatarina and I talked for a long time later - she forgot to let her Dad know that I was on the phone! She is so looking forward to her summer holiday with us and full of ideas and plans.
Her excitement will have to carry me through the tired times!

The garden needs some water - it will have to wait until the morning. Here are some pictures in the front garden. Bill has taken some very striking pictures of the alliums - and a few more homely flowers.
I will have to take some in the back garden tomorrow.











As always they can be seen in full glory with just a click on the picture.
Long may the summer continue (despite the need for watering the garden).
Goodnight.